Welcome Note

Welcome everybody to my new pirate ham radio blog. The goal of this blog is to allow discussions to take place for those who dont have a ham licence yet but they do operate outside the ham bands. Everybody is invited licensed or non licensed although i think many ham operators will disapprove what we do.

I am Greek by the way. I am 20 years old and i dont have a licence yet. Due to university i didnt get a chance to take the exams for a ham licence although i paid twice the fees for the tests.
I do operate though illegally outside the ham bands.
I have full knowledge that this is illegal and that is a "bad" thing to do. But hey... i am not bothering anyone and i fully respect ham operators and their rights as well non licensed operators. Never bothered anyone never will.
Every one should respect each other.

Please feel free to comment on anything

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Open Invitation for qso - Pirates unite

As a non licensed operator (and without much experience) i am having hard time actually finding someone on the air to have a qso. Anyone who wants to experiment with me is more than welcome. I posted a list of frequncies that pirates often use. The truth is that i barelly ever hear any qso on those freq. I would like someone more experienced to post the frequencies he is using. It would be a lot of help.

8 comments:

  1. Just go and get your ticket its more fun, at least you dont have to be anonyomus.I opearated some pirate freq's before I got my ticket its no fun watching everything you say etc,what I didnt realise was that I was using airband freq's and could have caused a lot of harm.Sit your exam then we can all talk to you on real Ham Radio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definetilly will take the exams. But currently I am enjoying ragchewing at 6995 MHz . Hopefully next time will be more lucky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a license, it's easy and worth it. Took me only a few hours of on-line study and I'm not exactly an electronics genius.

    In the mean time, please stay off the ham bands. They are crowded enough already without having to contend for space with people who haven't earned the privilege of being there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could/will eventually get caught, and the fine could be the confiscation on your equipment and a $10,000 fine! It's much cheaper to get your license! Go for 'general' that way you can have some hf.

    Then you will be able to have as many qso's as you want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Crowdy with 5-9ers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still open to qso invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is EXTREMELY nice to have found such blog about pirate operation on the shortwave ! Definitely, it was needed. Secret for 'safe' operations 'out of band' is ... listen ... listen ... and again listen that none is operating the aimed frequency. Then, i believe that there is day by day more and more free space on the HF to use for experimentation. I am CW operator, also in plane english language, and I think that out of band operation in CW, even QRP, are really interesting ! Probably the future of ham radio.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fuck the stupid license. What a waste

    ReplyDelete